queer dns access problem

Ian Lists ian-list at securitypimp.com
Mon Dec 17 22:41:26 UTC 2007

It sounds like it is a networking issue.  If it didn't have the correct gateway it makes sense that you would be able to access everything locally on your subnet, but when it comes time to get out of your subnet it wouldn't know the route to get there.  Other possibilities are your firewall/router just doesn't allow your IP outbound or there is a NAT mis-configuration.  Does your server require a static 1-to-1 NAT or should it fall into a pool?