Convert vmdk to xen

Hartung, Christopher Christopher.Hartung at rossmann.de
Tue Dec 18 10:36:45 UTC 2007

Hi @all,

in using this tutorial
http://www.enomalism.com/resources/community-center/forum/single_thread/
47/6/4/ i tried to convert a existing vmdk to xen. Mostly everything
works fine but if i startup the vm in xen my vnc has still a blink
underline in the top left corner and windows isn't starting.
One of my problems using this tutorial is that i couldn't mount the
windows image (using fuse and fuse-ntfs-3g). Everytime i got errors
like:

NTFS signature is missing.
Failed to mount ....

so i think the problem is that i didn't changed the hal.dll (which is
normally acpi-hal choosed from vmware) to "standard-pc" hal.dll
(description about that in the lower section of the tutorial)...

Do you know this problem? Maybe you've another solution?

big thx for your answers

so long
chris