Re: Revisiting an old topic: licensing/titlement and "redistribution"

Hi Jon,
I am not a lawyer, however I believe that you can - per direction from
RH legal at the Summit - but IF AND ONLY IF you have *no* currently
subscribed systems.  That is the barrier to not being bound to the
subscription agreement, which states 1 machine takes 1 entitlement.
The agreement applies to an entity, not an installation - therefore if
you have even a single subscription, all installations in your
organization require a subscription.
This looks perfectly reasonable and legal, but many times Red Hat people told me (as a customer) that I didn't need entitlements for non-production systems, like a staging server to apply upgades before installing then on production servers, a lab network where we test new firewall rules, or the system where we install a third-party application just to try before buying.

But this may be wrong just as when some says you can't install anything without a valid subscription. :-)

[]s, Fernando Lozano