Apache & php5, RHEL 4

mark m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Fri Feb 9 04:49:28 UTC 2007

Ray Van Dolson wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 09:29:50PM -0600, mark wrote:
>> You seem to have missed the second part of what I was asking: HOW DO YOU
>> BUILD PHP5 IF APACHE WAS INSTALLED FROM RPMS?
>
> No, I didn't.  Please don't yell if you want help, especially on something you
> can learn how to do by reading documentation or trying on your own.

Sorry for the yelling, but I *try* to give all the information, and have
some sympathy with Lord of Gore when folks don't read what I wrote. I
have also tried looking for documentation, and, as I mentioned, just
about everything I find starts out "now that you've built apache".

>> What is the configuration option to tell it that apache modules are in
>> /usr/lib/http (or whatever - I'm writing this at home, so I can't look),
>> and the executables are in /usr/sbin?
>>
>> I know about --with_apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs, and I've started reading the
>> generated Makefile, and it seems to want to know where the
>> the loadable modules are and so forth. I can install the apache headers,
>> but I really don't see the need to rebuild a perfectly good working apache.
>>
>> So: what are the options for this?
>
> You should be able to rely on apxs to inform php as where to put its resulting
> module and which httpd.conf to modify.

What I'm worried about is it finding /usr/local/apache, and putting
modules there, instead of where the running apache will find them, in
/usr/lib/blah,blah,blah. That, in fact, is one of my two primary issues.

	mark