/var/spool/repackage

redhat at buglecreek.com redhat at buglecreek.com
Fri Feb 9 15:32:32 UTC 2007

On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 16:29:44 -0600, "Dana Holland"
<dana.holland at navarrocollege.edu> said:
> Can the files in this directory be removed?  Are /var file system has
> filled up.  I was able to find something about removing the files in
> /var/spool/up2date but not the repackage directory.

There are a few things you may want to consider before you remove any
packages in the directory.  The first one is why are they there.  We
have enabled this feature on many of our critical systems in the event a
up2date goes bad.  It has saved us many times.  Not sure what OS version
you are running, but on our Redhat systems you can try "up2date
--config" from the command line.  Look for a line that says
enableRollbacks.  Someone may have enabled this feature.  If you delete
the files in the directory or disable this feature you will lose your
ability to perform RPM Transactional Rollbacks.  If you are not familiar
with this, it enables you to rollback and upgrade quickly if you need
to.  You can also try to change the location of the repackaged rpms in
/etc/rpm/macros file if it exists.  If not you can create it.  I believe
you would need %_repackage_dir dir_location, but I am not able to verify
this at the moment.  Hope this helps.