Flash on linux browser

Clark, Patti Clarkp at osti.gov
Fri Feb 16 21:03:46 UTC 2007

OK, based on various Q&A:

1.  My desktop is gnome, not KDE.
2.  Firefox 1.5.0.9
3.  Flash plugin is 9.0.31.0-1.el4
4.  I have been able to successfully play flash apps and hear audio from
the browser on RHEL4 Update 4 in VMWare Workstation without aborting the
browser.  (I went seeking other sources of flash apps.)
5.  It appears that Flash 9 player (and plugin) are far more stable than
Flash 8, not to be confused with Flash 8 development tools, or Flash 2
server.

Conclusion, the flash application in question that started all of this
is suspect.

Thank you to everyone that responded.  I definitely get more perspective
from these lists than I tend to consider on my own.