SUGGESTON FOR: HIGH END MAIL SERVER

Res res at ausics.net
Fri Feb 16 23:50:52 UTC 2007

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007, Stephen Carville wrote:

> http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/sysadmin/2007/01/05/fingerprinting-mail-servers.html

Interesting article, but this doesnt represent much of the net as they
even admit, also certainly doesnt reflect the state of this country.

Those figures are completely flawed, since theres a damn sight more
than 20K plesk boxes out there alone, not to mention all the other MTAs
running qmail without plesk and since qmail and vpopmail are superior
to anything in the hosted domains world, I can't beleive those figures
for qmail at all, thereby voiding the other results.

The only way they can really do it, is to spend a month testing every
domain, results without dupe IP's showing close as unique as we
can really get. If the claim they can test 400K in a couple of hours no
reason they cant do the lot in a month.  If its too hard, maybe they can
ask netcraft.

--
Cheers
Res

"We can be Heroes, just for one day" - Davey (Jones) Bowie