Problem getting Linux connecting to internet

BERES Laszlo beres.laszlo at sys-admin.hu
Sat Feb 17 12:18:52 UTC 2007

Yeo Hong Ming írta:

> I could not ping the external IP you mentioned.

Yeah, I was wrong, you can't ping that server, sorry. Try this:

217.20.131.2

> I did not create the file /etc/resolv.conf, but have went on to create the file with the line nameserver 195.228.242.180. Still it did not work. Should I add my proxy here?

The file above contains vital informations about name resolution. You
have to provide the DNS server's addresses in this file.

By the way, don't you have factory DHCP service in your router? It makes
your life easier.

--
BÉRES László	 RHCE, RHCX
senior IT engineer, trainer