How Linux see the Disks from Hardware RAID1-5?

Linux Linux linuxgr8 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 02:02:10 UTC 2007

Hi,
If there is a linux ES AS4 installed on configured Hardware based RAID1(2
scsi disk) or RAID5 (5 scsi disk) using IBM/HP server RAID control.
I wants to know what are the disk devices I can see on Linux?

The reason why I am asking this is "I have few remote servers to manage and
I don't know if they have stand alone disk or it is RAID1 or RAID5.
Also this servers using Linux(ext3) and Linux LVM file system. There are
some logical volumes configured as well. I checked volume groups and found
they have 4PVs. How can I say that they are not RAID and all 4 disks are
stand alone?

Also they have some storage attached using fibre channel. I can I figure out
that my VG/LV are on attached storage?

Please also refer me to a documentation where I can understand how Linux
handles all different type of disk configs.

Thanks
P Patel