Re: NIS home automount feature

If the /home is mounting point than this will not work.

/home should be the directory only.

Just say df will tell you the things.

you entry in automounter is rong.

need some thing like

on /etc/auto.home i have this;

*              nfsserver:/home/&

will work now.

Please let us know it this work or not.

On 2/2/07, Cesar Covarrubias <cesar uci edu> wrote:

Hello,

If I am understanding you correctly, you want to edit the automount field
in
/etc/nsswitch.conf to read nis first. I may be wrong, and I'm sure someone
will correct me if that is the case.

Cesar