1022n HP LASER PRINTER LINUX DRIVER SUPPORT

Jim Canfield jcanfield at tshmail.com
Wed Feb 7 14:53:54 UTC 2007

nilesh vaghela wrote:
> Thanx for one of the best link available for HP laser jet 1022 printer.
>
> Still missing 1022N.
>
> I do not know if community can produce driver for the HP why HP can
> not ??

Not sure you are going to find one - it's the same printer.  If
anything, it should make setting up the printer easier.  Have you tried
printing RAW to port 9100?  If I'm not mistaken this printer supports
PCL5e an IPP.

This is a very low end printer.  I'm not sure HP is real concerned with
producing and supporting linux drivers for a product targeted towards
the mass (windows) market.  If you are looking for a low end network
printer with commercially supported linux  drivers, you might want to
look at  the lexmark E120n.

Deliberate often...decide once.

Jim