Re: query abt sendmail authentication

sylvan dacounha wrote:
Dear All,
im sorry about posting this mail as it more a sendmail problem rather then Redhat I have Redhat linux 9 server with sendmail 8.12.5 with pop3 n also imap servers and its workin fine but i hav noticed that when i send messages specially to hotmail or yahoo the mail gets deliverd to junk folder as its been treated as junk mail n not to inbox but mails send from anywhere r received correctly i feel that hotmail , yahoo need authenticaton .. that is popb4smtp appreciate if someone could tell me if authentication is the problem and how would i achieve this with sendmail .. so the hotmail, yahoo n gmail treat mail as valid domain name n not as junk mail so mail goes to inbox n not to junk mail thnks and really appreciate regards Simon

You might want to check to see if your domain is on a black hole list. Try looking at http://www.dnsstuff.com. That might be why this is happening.