Re: Apache & php5, RHEL 4

Ray Van Dolson wrote:
On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 06:36:36PM -0500, m roth2006 rcn com wrote:

So, now I've got to put up a wiki, and it's *only* PHP 5. I've
been told that I find I should build PHP 5.
>>> Fine, except that *everything*
googling just assumes that I've built apache 2.

Nope. It came pre-installed, presumably from binary rpms.

If you don't have any luck finding a pre-build RPM (try rpmforge
or Dag's),
you can just download the php5 source tarball, uncompress and run
./configure
(with the options you want).  This should generate a .spec file

You seem to have missed the second part of what I was asking: HOW DO YOU BUILD PHP5 IF APACHE WAS INSTALLED FROM RPMS?

What is the configuration option to tell it that apache modules are in /usr/lib/http (or whatever - I'm writing this at home, so I can't look), and the executables are in /usr/sbin?

I know about --with_apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs, and I've started reading the generated Makefile, and it seems to want to know where the the loadable modules are and so forth. I can install the apache headers, but I really don't see the need to rebuild a perfectly good working apache.

So: what are the options for this?

	mark