Apache & php5, RHEL 4

Ray Van Dolson rvandolson at esri.com
Fri Feb 9 04:24:01 UTC 2007

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 09:29:50PM -0600, mark wrote:
> You seem to have missed the second part of what I was asking: HOW DO YOU
> BUILD PHP5 IF APACHE WAS INSTALLED FROM RPMS?

No, I didn't.  Please don't yell if you want help, especially on something you
can learn how to do by reading documentation or trying on your own.

> What is the configuration option to tell it that apache modules are in
> /usr/lib/http (or whatever - I'm writing this at home, so I can't look),
> and the executables are in /usr/sbin?
>
> I know about --with_apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs, and I've started reading the
> generated Makefile, and it seems to want to know where the
> the loadable modules are and so forth. I can install the apache headers,
> but I really don't see the need to rebuild a perfectly good working apache.
>
> So: what are the options for this?

You should be able to rely on apxs to inform php as where to put its resulting
module and which httpd.conf to modify.

As the other poster mentioned, you could probably look at the dependancies for
the RH PHP src.rpm's and ensure those are installed.  I'd probably just try
a build, see what failed, fixed, repeat.  I think there's a pretty good chance
you'll get close the first time...

Ray