rpmbuild src?

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Fri Feb 9 21:34:21 UTC 2007

Ray,

>Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 13:19:41 -0800
>From: Ray Van Dolson <rvandolson at esri.com>
>
>On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 04:10:14PM -0500, m.roth2006 at rcn.com wrote:
>> So, my next stip in this wiki project is to get a working php-java bridge.
>> I've found a source rpm, and was trying rpmbuild, since just untaring the
>> included tarfile reveals an rpm-spec, and no configure. I've been trying to
>> use rpmbuild, and it keeps croaking on not being able to find phpize. Now,
>> it's in my path (and I'm on as root); I've tried editing
>> /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/php-java<blah>.spec, and it apparently re-extracts it
>> and overwrites it. I've also tried to add the path to
>> /usr/lib/rpm/config.guess, since I didn't see an appropriate place in either
>> rpmrc or in config.site.
>>
>> I suppose I could make a symbolic link to /usr/bin, but I'd really like to
>> know the *correct* way to build the software. So: how do I fix the path?
>>

>Just edit the spec file in /usr/src/redhad/SPECS, then while remaining in the
>SPECS dierctory run rpmbuild -bb <filename>.spec instead of on the
>original .src.rpm.

Thank you, that was *exactly* what I needed. Consider yourself offered a drink. <g>

>Do you know what method is being used to search for phpize by default?  There
>may be a cleaner way to do it.

I wish I did. I had to edit the spec file again, to add to the line where it called configure, to add --with-php-config=/usr/local/bin/php-config

Now all I have to do is figure out what's wrong with the actual compile. I suspect I may need an older version of the bridge, to go with our version of java, since we're getting errors about "illegal argument, and "couldn't find constructor".

>Disclaimer: I have read your entire post.  If I didn't answer satisfactorily,
>either it's likely because you did not make yourself clear or I misunderstood
>part of what you were asking.  Feel free to holler and yell though if you
>like. :)

No problems whatever. Thanks again!

      mark