Re: [Q] how to set virtual IP on AS 4

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Ray Van Dolson wrote:
What won't allow it?  Webmin or RH?  Can you provide something more
specific than "he said eth0:0 was a bad idea"?  Years of firsthand
experience using eth0:0 tells me to call "bullshit" on this one.

I think he meant Webmin won't allow it.  I cannot confirm nor deny that, but
most of us have all used :0 plenty and know it's safe to use.

True, but I learned many years ago that Webmin wasn't safe to use. Perhaps that's changed in the last few years, but I still steer clear of it. =)

Hey, if you want to start at :1, fine by me! :)

Yeah, the numbers one chooses are irrelevant. I thought we started counting at zero, however. =)

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis, MCP, GCWN             jeremy linuxwiz net
LinuxWiz Consulting                     http://linuxwiz.net