How to build a custom /etc/localtime time zone file?

Hello,

Does anyone know how to make a custom /etc/localtime file on Red Hat in preparation for the upcoming DST changes (March 11)?  I have some older Red Hat builds (circa 7.x), and I can't find any glibc patches with the newer time zone information.  On other *nix flavors they are flat files, and can be edited with vi, but with Red Hat they're binary.

Thanks,
Mike.