Problem mounting / partition via nfs

All,

I am trying to share the / partition on my Red Hat 8 box. I am mounting
this box on a solaris 8 machine. However, when I try to execute the
following command. "mount -F nfs linux:/ /mnt" I get "nfs mount:
linux:/: Permission denied" However I have shared out the /home
directory and I can nfs mount that just fine. My /etc/exports file looks
like such. I then run exportfs -ua then exportfs -a. They show shared
via exportfs -v.

/home xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx(rw)
/	xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx(no_root_squash)
/home	xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx(no_root_squash)