SUGGESTON FOR: HIGH END MAIL SERVER

Robert Becker Cope robert at gonkgonk.com
Fri Feb 16 13:20:30 UTC 2007

security <security at air-austral.com> wrote:

> Non, be serious: Sendmail (I hate this software!) is the faster

Since when? This is hardly "common knowledge". Even if this WERE true, highest
performance isn't the only criteria to evaluate, and is often not even close to
the most important.

Postfix is amazing software, the model of what software should be, really. It
is well documented, has a very active and helpful community, is secure, is
robust, is well performing, etc.  Highly recommended.

Oh. I used to manage a postfix installation that had hundreds of thousands of
users, maybe even a million by the time I left. The only issues we had were
created by poor design on our side.

Good luck,

robert