Functional difference in system-config-lvm between FC5 and FC6

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Fri Feb 16 14:19:49 UTC 2007

I'm running into a minor snag with system-config-lvm on my FC6 box that I
don't seem to be having with my FC5 box.

On my FC5 box, I seem to be able to expand pretty much any filesystem I
like, at any time, with no complications.

When I try to expand a mounted filesystem on my FC6 box, though (in this
case, the root filesystem), it tells me that it must unmount it first.

What it tries to do, instead, is remount it as read-only, and then does
nothing to it.

Is there actually a difference between the the two different FC versions'
LVM implementations, or is there something I can do to work around this?

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS