-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Clark, Patti
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 9:14 AM
To: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (Nahant) Discussion List;
redhat-list redhat com
Subject: Flash on linux browser

The graphics folks here are moving away from QuickTime streaming to
Flash.  They have created their first application and requested testing
on various platforms and  browsers.  I can tell you that it's at times
like these that I actually have warm feelings for Windows.  Of course
firefox on XP works just fine presenting the flash app.  I go to a linux
box with RHEL4 Update 4 and the current versions of firefox and
flash-plugin and video is fine, there is no audio.  Google suggests this
is an issue across distros.  I've not found anything in the RH lists to
confirm...are folks here having the same issues?

Also, just to add another layer into the fray, I have VMWare Workstation
v5.5.3 which is documented to support RHEL4 Update 4.  The test on my
instance simply aborts the browser alltogether. <grimace>

Patti Clark
Unix System Administrator - RHCT
Office of Scientific and Technical Information