SSH connection timeout?

I've been working on tweaking RHEL4 for settings to meet various
security requirements.  One question that has come up is whether an ssh
session can have an idle timeout set.  I'd thought that using
ClientAliveInterval and ClientAliveCountMax were the solution (restart
sshd after mods).  However, I am not seeing that happen.  So, the
question, are these 2 parameters suppose to work for idle timeout, or
are they used only for when the client "system" really goes to lunch?
Are there parameters for setting idle timeout for ssh sessions?

Patti Clark
Unix System Administrator - RHCT
Office of Scientific and Technical Information