Flash on linux browser

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Fri Feb 16 15:36:05 UTC 2007

Michael Scully wrote:
> Hi list:
>
> 	I'm coming late to this thread, but has a version of flash been
> found for the x86_64 versions?  Whenever I've tried to download a plug-in
> from Macromedia, I've gotten the message that there isn't a version for that
> platform.
>
> Scully

As it is, there is no 64-bit version of Flash.  However, there are a
couple of ways to get around that.  Install a chroot 32-bit browser
environment, OR use nspluginwrapper which wraps a 32-bit plugin into a
64-bit browser.  I use this with the Flash 9 version on my Athlon64
laptop and it works great.

--
Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Mark Haney