Re: Boot Apple Intel Xserve into Linux

I installed ubuntu on a mac intel laptop. It had a few issues, but no "show stoppers". I am not a Mac enough expert to know if there are differences in the way the two devices boot however.

-Troy

Chis (Ian Chisholm) wrote:
Hi folks.

Has anyone had any success in booting one of the new Apple Xserve's
(Intel dual-core processors) into Linux? I understand that it ain't
trivial (EFI and GPT vs BIOS and MSDOS) but that there are developments
(grub2, elilo) in that direction.

Cheers

Ian.