SUGGESTON FOR: HIGH END MAIL SERVER

Res res at ausics.net
Fri Feb 16 22:48:39 UTC 2007

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007, Robert Canary wrote:

> security wrote:
>> Robert Canary:
>>> Huh?  What security holes??
>>

>> http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/19714
> fixed 8.13.8, but like so what.  Sendmail spawns new processes.  DOS one
> process and another will open for the next mail request. For sendmail you can
> only DOS the spawn you opened.

They also seem to forget that sendmail accounts for 60% of the worlds MTA,
qmail probably 35% and the rest 5%, now when postfix grows to a large
userbase, its going to be a sure thing many bugs and dangerous security
holes will be found.

--
Cheers
Res

"We can be Heroes, just for one day" - Davey (Jones) Bowie