Problem getting Linux connecting to internet

Yeo Hong Ming earth_inc at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 17 11:59:23 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I am new to Linux Red Hat. I have installed red hat on my laptop and have been trying to get it connected to the net without success.

My setup is like this. My Linux laptop and my Windows PC is connected to my router in a LAN using ethernet cables. My PC is connected to the intenet through the router.  I have configured my ifcfg-eth0 file on my laptop to be like this:

DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=dchp
ONBOOT=yes
USERCTL=no
PEERDNS=no
TYPE=Ethernet
IPADDR=192.168.0.101
GATEWAY=192.168.0.1
NETMASK=255.255.255.0

My laptop is able to work in the LAN, as I am able to putty from my PC to the laptop. However I am unable to go the internet on Modzilla. Can anyone tell me what else do I need to configure for internet conection?

Thanks.

Regards,

HM