Problem getting Linux connecting to internet

BERES Laszlo beres.laszlo at sys-admin.hu
Sat Feb 17 12:36:45 UTC 2007

Yeo Hong Ming írta:

> I am able to ping to the ip address 217.20.131.2. My router does have DCHP service enabled. I am still unable to connect to the internet though. I had started the named daemon. What else do I need to do?

Then your network connection works. Finally you have to create
/etc/resolv.conf and put your ISP's nameserver's address. If you don't
konw, try to get it from your Windows box: start command line and run
"ipconfig /all", you'll see the DNS info.
And stop named, you don't need in this scenario.

If you configure the interface via DHCP, the dhclient do all these steps.

--
BÉRES László	 RHCE, RHCX
senior IT engineer, trainer