Re: lame server errors

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007, sylvan dacounha wrote:

Dear All,

I have been noticing lame server errors in my logs..

lame server resolving 'www.candidateverifier.com' (in 'candidateverifier.com'?): 195.224.255.6#53

lame server resolving 'kuwait25.emkanat.com' (in 'emkanat.com'?): 70.85.147.85#53

i would like to know if these errors are a problem and how to solve them

No, generally they are safe enough errors, the problems not with you so little you can do about it anyway.

in your named.conf file add this towards the top...

logging {
        category lame-servers { null; };
};

restart named and those pesky annoying messages wont fill your log partition up :)

if these errors are not a problem and if these are jus notification messages its OK

Appreciate yuor help

simon

TV dinner still cooling?

Cheers
Res

"We can be Heroes, just for one day" - Davey (Jones) Bowie