Re: Monitoring Tool

Nilesh wrote:
Hello All,

I want to monitor all activities on my Linux system
could any one tell me which tool is best Want to monitor 1) whos trying to connect me to any port ( from IP or
Domain Name)
There is probably some tool already written for this. I would monitor the /var/log/messages log file to see who is triggering your 'iptables' rules. A simple perl script can tell you all you need to know.

2) users connected
Use 'who', or 'w'

3) services running
Use 'ps -Af' as root, or 'top'