Problem getting Linux connecting to internet

Bliss, Aaron ABliss at preferredcare.org
Mon Feb 19 14:30:07 UTC 2007

Couple of things here; you have the interface configured to use dhcp, and yet you specified an ip address; if you want to use a static ip address, then set BOOTPROTO=static , otherwise remove your ip address, netmask, gateway; next, check your /etc/resolv.conf file ; make sure it has good name servers listed, and then check /etc/host.conf to make sure your box is set to use dns for name information.  Hope this helps.

/etc/resolve.conf would like something like this:
Search mydomain.com
Nameserver 192.168.2.1

/etc/host.conf would like something like this:
Order, hosts, bind

Aaron