Re: Fat fingered the usr dir.

What about something like booting into rescue mode from a Disc 1 allowing it to mount your system (r/w) and set up access to install media, preferably with all current updates as well and then use
rpm --root /mnt/sysimage -Fvh --replacefiles

You might need --oldpackage as well, but I tend to think that it wouldn't be needed. If that fails, you could do rpm --root /mnt/sysimage -qa and find those specific RPMs and then use
rpm --root /mnt/sysimage -Uvh --replacefiles <name of RPM>

Of course, the first thing you should do is backup what you do have to avoid losing what you have left.

Hope this helps.

Barry