Re: Monitoring Tool

Nilesh wrote:
Hello All,

Some one trying to Hack My System I have checked the
/var/log/messages but could found the entries for
which  remote systems are trying to connect to my
system
Which logs should I check?
or is there good software for real time alerts

Regards
Nilesh.

--- Mad Unix <madunix gmail com> wrote:

chkrootkit is a good one for looking to see if your system is exploited, but I'm personally quite pleased with OSSEC (www.ossec.net) it's an IDS that will allow you to actively respond to particular threats. I have mine set to automatically block IPs who are scanning my system's sshd or http.

--
Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator