Re: Question on x windows security

Bliss, Aaron wrote:
Hi everyone,
I have just a quick question on x windows security; I know that
/etc/securetty is used to control essential what terminals/devices
including the console that root is allowed to login; I was guessing that
disabling vc7 would prevent the root user from being allowed to login
via the display manager, but that wasn't the case...is there an easy way
to prevent root from logging into the console of a machine when the
machine is running at runlevel 5?  Thanks.

Aaron

Removing all entries in securetty will prevent root from logging in, but it *think* will prevent sshing to root as well.