Max CPUs on RHEL 4 (x86_64 or i686)?

Hello,

I'm working on building a very robust database server, and was wondering what the default max CPU count for RHEL 4 is.  Does anyone have a link or details for that?  I'm looking for something in the x86_64 or i686 class (ia64 supports up to 1024 processors!!).  I know I can use the HUGEMEM or SMP kernels to get multiprocessor support, but I don't know what the max is.

Thanks,
Mike.