Max CPUs on RHEL 4 (x86_64 or i686)?

Mike Kearey mkearey at redhat.com
Wed Feb 21 02:52:53 UTC 2007

inode0 wrote:
> On 2/20/07, Mike Kearey <mkearey at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> The actaul limits pages too:
>>
>> http://www.redhat.com/rhel/details/limits/
>
> Are these limits defined by what configurations Red Hat supports
> through its various support options or by what RHEL supports?
>
> John

Hi John. I anticipated there would be a question like this :)

In the page you will have noticed a section "Support limits as defined
by Red Hat Enterprise Linux Product Subscription"

This section defines what is actively support for each product. Think of
this as 'the limits RH GSS will can assist you in reaching'. For
example, if you have a RHEL 4 ES system we can assist you in reaching
the supported limits of 2 CPU'S.

You will also notice that there is also a "Technology limits
(certified[/theoretical])" section. For AS the "Support limits as
defined by Red Hat Enterprise Linux Product Subscription" has mainly a
dash '-' . This means the supported limits are undefined. Think of this
as 'we can assist you in reaching the certified[/theoretical] technology
limits listed'.

For more details contact your friendly Red Hat Support people.

Cheers
Michael