Re: Max CPUs on RHEL 4 (x86_64 or i686)?

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007, inode0 wrote:
Every time you open your mouth I learn something new. I glanced at the
base package lists and didn't see any obvious difference between the
two. On the not too big iron around here I hadn't noticed any problems
with using either flavor. How big does the big iron need to be before
the benefits of the largesmp support kicks in?

Or, on a similar note, does running AS on "small iron" have any detrimental effects that would be "fixed" by running ES?

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis, MCP, GCWN             jeremy linuxwiz net
LinuxWiz Consulting                     http://linuxwiz.net