SSH from windows to linux using public key authentication

Linux Linux linuxgr8 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 16:33:29 UTC 2007

 Hello Friends,
I am having problem using SCP to copy files from windows to linux using
public key authentication.
I have two linux computer (RHEL AS 3) named as drolinux and prolinux.
>From windows to linux(drolinux) using public key authentication works just
fine. logs attached for scp -v
I have copied exact same public key to my Prolinux and it's not working.
I tried copying authorized_keys from drolinux to prolinux and still I have
no success to do ssh from windows to prolinux using public key
authentication.
Any help is appreciated.
note: I do not have access to logs on my both linux server.

scp -v From windows to linux (hostname: drolinux) working fine.

debug1: Authentications that can continue:
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug1: Trying private key: /C=/Documents and
Settings/testuser/.ssh/identity
debug1: Trying private key: /C=/Documents and Settings/testuser/.ssh/id_rsa
debug1: Offering public key: /C=/Documents and Settings/testuser/.ssh/id_dsa
debug1: Server accepts key: pkalg ssh-dss blen 434
debug1: read PEM private key done: type DSA
debug1: Authentication succeeded (publickey).
debug1: channel 0: new [client-session]
debug1: Entering interactive session.
debug1: Sending command: scp -v -t /home/testuser/.
Sending file modes: C0700 0 try.doc
try.doc                                      100%    0     0.0KB/s   00:00
debug1: client_input_channel_req: channel 0 rtype exit-status reply 0
debug1: channel 0: free: client-session, nchannels 1
debug1: Transferred: stdin 0, stdout 0, stderr 0 bytes in 1.0 seconds
debug1: Bytes per second: stdin 0.0, stdout 0.0, stderr 0.0
debug1: Exit status 0
scp -v from windows to Linux (hostname: prolinux) not working using public
key and works only with password.

debug1: Authentications that can continue:
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug1: Trying private key: /C=/Documents and
Settings/testuser/.ssh/identity
debug1: Trying private key: /C=/Documents and Settings/testuser/.ssh/id_rsa
debug1: Offering public key: /C=/Documents and Settings/testuser/.ssh/id_dsa
debug1: Authentications that can continue:
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug1: Next authentication method: keyboard-interactive
debug1: Authentications that can continue:
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug1: Next authentication method: password
testuser at prolinux's password:
debug1: Authentication succeeded (password).
debug1: channel 0: new [client-session]
debug1: Entering interactive session.
debug1: Sending command: scp -v -t /home/testuser/.
Sending file modes: C0700 0 try.doc
try.doc                                      100%    0     0.0KB/s   00:00
debug1: client_input_channel_req: channel 0 rtype exit-status reply 0
debug1: channel 0: free: client-session, nchannels 1
debug1: Transferred: stdin 0, stdout 0, stderr 0 bytes in 1.1 seconds
$