/bin/kill

Steve Buehler steve at ibushost.com
Thu Feb 22 17:29:06 UTC 2007

At 11:04 AM 2/22/2007, you wrote:
>On 2/22/07, Steve Buehler <steve at ibushost.com> wrote:
>>I have a corrupt /bin/kill command and would like to replace it, but
>>can't find the rpm that I need to reinstall.  I downloaded the latest
>>coreutils rpm and forced and install with that, but that didn't do
>>it.  Can somebody lead me into the right direction?  I am running RHEL AS 4.4
>
># rpm -qf /bin/kill
>util-linux-2.12a-16.EL4.20

Thank you and all that replied.  After forcing an install of the rpm
that I got from redhat, I now have 6 files that rkhunter reports as bad.
/bin/dmesg
/bin/kill
/bin/login
/bin/more
/bin/mount
/usr/bin/whereis

Any ideas?  Is there something I did wrong or something I need to do
with rkhunter?  The only one reported bad before I did this was the
/bin/kill.  I installed the rpm by:
rpm -ivh --force util-linux-2.12a-16.EL4.20.i386.rpm

Thanks
Steve