[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: SSH from windows to linux using public key authentication



Yes Permissions are same on both linux server. It's 644 on authorized_keys

--Linuxgr8


On 2/22/07, Carl Reynolds <redhat-list hyperbole-software com> wrote:

Linux Linux wrote:

> Hello Friends,
> I am having problem using SCP to copy files from windows to linux using
> public key authentication.
> I have two linux computer (RHEL AS 3) named as drolinux and prolinux.
>
>> From windows to linux(drolinux) using public key authentication works
>> just
>
> fine. logs attached for scp -v
> I have copied exact same public key to my Prolinux and it's not working.
> I tried copying authorized_keys from drolinux to prolinux and still I
> have
> no success to do ssh from windows to prolinux using public key
> authentication.
> Any help is appreciated.
> note: I do not have access to logs on my both linux server.
>
> scp -v From windows to linux (hostname: drolinux) working fine.
>
> debug1: Authentications that can continue:
> publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
> debug1: Next authentication method: publickey
> debug1: Trying private key: /C=/Documents and
> Settings/testuser/.ssh/identity
> debug1: Trying private key: /C=/Documents and
> Settings/testuser/.ssh/id_rsa
> debug1: Offering public key: /C=/Documents and
> Settings/testuser/.ssh/id_dsa
> debug1: Server accepts key: pkalg ssh-dss blen 434
> debug1: read PEM private key done: type DSA
> debug1: Authentication succeeded (publickey).
> debug1: channel 0: new [client-session]
> debug1: Entering interactive session.
> debug1: Sending command: scp -v -t /home/testuser/.
> Sending file modes: C0700 0 try.doc
> try.doc                                      100%    0     0.0KB/s
> 00:00
> debug1: client_input_channel_req: channel 0 rtype exit-status reply 0
> debug1: channel 0: free: client-session, nchannels 1
> debug1: Transferred: stdin 0, stdout 0, stderr 0 bytes in 1.0 seconds
> debug1: Bytes per second: stdin 0.0, stdout 0.0, stderr 0.0
> debug1: Exit status 0
> scp -v from windows to Linux (hostname: prolinux) not working using
> public
> key and works only with password.
>
> debug1: Authentications that can continue:
> publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
> debug1: Next authentication method: publickey
> debug1: Trying private key: /C=/Documents and
> Settings/testuser/.ssh/identity
> debug1: Trying private key: /C=/Documents and
> Settings/testuser/.ssh/id_rsa
> debug1: Offering public key: /C=/Documents and
> Settings/testuser/.ssh/id_dsa
> debug1: Authentications that can continue:
> publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
> debug1: Next authentication method: keyboard-interactive
> debug1: Authentications that can continue:
> publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
> debug1: Next authentication method: password
> testuser prolinux's password:
> debug1: Authentication succeeded (password).
> debug1: channel 0: new [client-session]
> debug1: Entering interactive session.
> debug1: Sending command: scp -v -t /home/testuser/.
> Sending file modes: C0700 0 try.doc
> try.doc                                      100%    0     0.0KB/s
> 00:00
> debug1: client_input_channel_req: channel 0 rtype exit-status reply 0
> debug1: channel 0: free: client-session, nchannels 1
> debug1: Transferred: stdin 0, stdout 0, stderr 0 bytes in 1.1 seconds
> debug1: Bytes per second: stdin 0.0, stdout 0.0, stderr 0.0
> debug1: Exit status 0
> $

Have you checked the permissions on the .ssh directory and the
authorized_keys files to make sure they are exactly the same on drolinux
and prolinux?



Carl.



--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request redhat com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list



[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]