Re: adding MP kernel

literally all you have to do is rpm -ihv <kernel>.rpm
This will put both kernels in yoiur grub.conf file so when you boot up, you can choose to boot up with your current kernel or you
smp kernel.

Wayner

>>> steve stamper foremost com 02/23/07 6:20 am >>>
I inherited several RHEL3 systems that only have the single processor
kernel installed (vmlinux-2.4.21-4.EL).  We are changing the hardware
configuration.  I'm not sure how to install the mp kernel without
completely rebuilding.  Any suggestions???

Thanks² - Steve