ssh with tcp_wrappers!! contd/-

David Bear David.Bear at asu.edu
Fri Feb 23 21:33:04 UTC 2007

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 07:08:53PM +0000, John O'Loughlin wrote:

> Well, i was trying to configure DenyGhost

There is DenyUsers and DenyGroups that is part of sshd_config.

If you to deny hosts using tcp wrappers go into to etc/hosts.allow and
add

sshd: 127.0.0.1

Then save it.

Then try to ssh to localhost. That will tell you definitively whether
your sshd is compiled with tcp wrappers. I'd be very surprised if it
were not. Both Suse and RHEL that I use have sshd compiled with
wrappers.

BTW, I don'y know if you really mean DenyGhost instead of DenyHost. I
lost track of this thread a while back. If its already been said,
apologies for duplication.