ssh with tcp_wrappers!! contd/-

debu debajit_kataki at rediffmail.com
Fri Feb 23 23:23:49 UTC 2007

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for such a huge response, of course typing mistake, i was using DenyHost not DenyGhost; as suggested by david and others i did this,
1) Login, as root, to my Linux system containing the sshd server.
2) Edited the file, /etc/hosts.deny
3) Added the following:
$ sshd: 127.0.0.1
4) Attempt to connect to the local sshd server:
$ ssh localhost
It conected, Also, ldd /usr/sbin/sshd did not list libwrap.so ; hence its confirmed that my ssh is a simple rpm shootout.

Now, what next? i am not willing to compile openssh package is there any way out via rpm installation. Its a RHEL 3 box..

Thanks
D e b u