Raid definitions

mark mroth at cfl.rr.com
Fri Jan 19 13:30:30 UTC 2007

Let me jump in late....

nilesh vaghela wrote:
> Good.
>
> You do not require 146GB for OS. You can go for 36 GB will work. Try to go
> more space for data.

Say *what*?! Both at work, and on my home systems, I've allocated 9G for
/usr Unless you're building the o/s from source, / is trivial in size.
/opt I've been doing at 8G or 9G, and that's where the current thinking
seems to be putting things like Oracle, OpenOffice.org, etc.

Depending on how the system's going to be used, put your major space on
home, or /var/www, or whatever you're using for data.

	mark