RH7.2 and TZ change

Jack High jack at mirjana.wa.com
Fri Jan 19 20:14:45 UTC 2007

redhat-list-request at redhat.com writes:
> From: steve.stamper at foremost.com
> Subject: RH7.2 and TZ change

> Been looking through the archives and have not come up with much
> yet.  I have to stay on RH7.2 for another 4 or 5 months while the
> application is re-written.  I need to have these systems survive the
> new timezone settings for DST (US) coming in March.  Any idea how I
> can adjust this?

Yes.

Background:  rtfm zic, tzfile and zdump.  Having absorbed this,  check
out http://www.twinsun.com/tz/tz-link.htm.

Having digested the above information, go to elsie.nci.nih.gov and ftp
the appropriate time zone data files to your system.  Now you will
have the updated time zone source files.  Then you need only use zic
to compile them.  When using zic, use the -l option to set up your
localtime file.  Learn from me and don't use the -L option for leap
seconds.

Caveat:  the above is a general outline of what I did.  Filling in the
details (e.g., file permissions) is left as an exercise for the
informed reader. :-)

Jack
Jack High                               jack at mirjana.wa.com
Redmond, Washington