sendmail (Junk Mail)

Job Cacka job at ccbmail.ccbox.com
Tue Jan 23 00:44:20 UTC 2007

"Robert Canary wrote:
>> Our administrator boxes get flooded with emails from spammers who are
>> still sending massive emails to address that do not exist.  Of course
>> sendmail sends a response back to the from header saying the account
>> dosen't exist.  However, the sendmail server is getting those
>> real return address.  As a result the undeliverable mail gets sent to
>> "postmaster".  Thus the "postmaster" email is a hoard mess of junk
>> email bounced replies."

We have had great successwith ASSP (Anit-Spam SMTP Proxy).

http://assp.sourceforge.net/

Job Cacka

I have been looking at the spamassassin for about two days now.  I know
the solution has somethin to do with spamc which interfaces with spamd.
  But I still haven't seen how to get snedmail to use spamc.  The filter
documentation talks about "milters".  So how do yo activate the spamc