Re: Oracle

I guess you would mount it the same way you would any other device

> mount -t <fstype> </dev/xxx> <mount directory>

Larry D Sorensen wrote:

I know that this is not the forum for Oracle, but I have a simple
question. I am fairly new to Oracle. I am told that to do a tape backup
of a database, I have to mount a tape drive. I have never had to mount a
tape drive before. What is involved in mounting a tape drive for use by
Oracle backup (rman)?

Larry