Managing logs

General Question:

I have a combination of RHEL 4 and Centos servers. Currently I'm getting e-mail from logwatch each morning on each machine. I'm sure there is a better way of managing and viewing system logs. Can anyone suggest a centralized method of gathering/formating system log information? I have looked at systems like nagios but they seem like a lot of work to get up and running.

Thanks.

Jim