Re: Managing logs

Nagios is a monitoring application, which maybe overkill with what you are doing.

If you have a machine that is idle most of the time, you can send system logs into that machine and then run scripts to parse the logs and generate the report. Or you can have a script to parse the logs locally and then insert the data into a centralize logging table; from there, you have another script to pull the data from that table and then generate report that way.