Managing logs

Rilindo Foster webmaster at monzell.com
Mon Jan 8 17:14:36 UTC 2007

Nagios is a monitoring application, which maybe overkill with what
you are doing.

If you have a machine that is idle most of the time, you can send
system logs into that machine and then run scripts to parse the logs
and generate the report. Or you can have a script to parse the logs
locally and then insert the data into a centralize logging table;
from there, you have another script to pull the data from that table
and then generate report that way.