Packaging a Debian System on RedHat

Supriya Sriraman sriraman.supriya at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 16:00:23 UTC 2007

Dynamic detection and building of /dev tree will not work for me,
unfortunately!
This /dev tree is intended to be loaded on an embedded system that has
Debian.
I am building a debian linux system on RedHat (RHEL 4) and loading it on the
embedded box.

That is why I am trying to simulate the /dev tree that I will need on the
target Debian box.

Is there a way I can do this?
I made a /dev1/dev and created a tree. Will that work? The dd command
failed, so there must be something I am missing or doing wrong.

Thanks,
Supriya