Re: CPU Frequency

rg wrote:
Hi

I just installed RHEL4-U4-WS-i386 on my lapto HPNX7010
and the CPU runs to slow even on main power..
I entered the control center and followed the suggestions to enable APIC
and throttling...I also checked all throttling was set to 0 % but no change..

Do anyone know how to fix this ?

By default, cpuspeed is enabled on startup.
'/sbin/chkconfig --list cpuspeed'

It may be listed as 'on' for 5.
You can stop this service been being run if you wish ..

'/sbin/chkconfig cpuspeed off'
and you can stop it - which will take immediate effect,
'/sbin/service cpuspeed stop'

Sean